LEGO® CON 2022 is Back Bigger and Better Than Ever!
The LEGO Group launches its 90th anniversary summer celebrations with LEGO® CON
Bursting with product and brand reveals, magical sessions, activities, and extra special guests that took fans behind the scenes
Billund, Denmark – June 18, 2022: The LEGO Group put on the show of all shows as it once again wowed fans with the virtual and free to attend LEGO® CON. Designed specifically for brick-loving families, the two-hour live show, hosted by Vick Hope, Joel McHale and Melvin Odoom, was bursting with entertainment. It gave LEGO afficionados a sneak peek into the latest LEGO news and products whilst connecting them with other LEGO enthusiasts from around the world.
Wrapped in an extra-special LEGO brand 90th celebration, the abundance of sessions at this year’s event truly challenged fans to think big as it included everything from the magical to the fantastical and even the super-powered.
All set information is at the end of this release.
Celebrating 90 Years of Play
In its session on ’90 years of play’, the LEGO Group kicked off its summer of 90th anniversary celebrations. The session saw the launch of two unique heritage products in honour of the big occasion, each designed to evoke nostalgia.
Taking center stage was the LEGO® Lion Knights’ Castle that comes complete with a working drawbridge and portcullis, hidden passageways, dungeon escape routes and spinning waterwheels, as well as the LEGO® Galaxy Explorer set, which was revealed through a touching reunion of LEGO families.
As well as its new anniversary products, the company revealed ‘Make the World a Playground’, a summer-long campaign for its 90th anniversary, where kids and AFOLs alike are invited to unleash their imagination and use their creativity to add even more play to our world.
Awesome New Products
Among the new products revealed, fans were treated to an exclusive look at the brand-new LEGO® Avatar product range celebrating the overall franchise to-date in advance of Avatar: The Way of Water premiering this December. The newly-revealed set features the LEGO® Avatar Toruk Makto & Tree of Souls that lets fans recreate the moment from the first film when Jake, as Toruk Makto, rallies the Omatikaya Clan to defend not only one of their most sacred sites, the Tree of Souls, but all of Pandora.
The company also announced several exciting updates to its already beloved lines. Another big reveal saw viewers given an exclusive first-look at the brand new, truly out of this world sets coming to fan-favourite, LEGO Star Wars. The sets, LEGO® Star Wars™ The Justifier™ and LEGO® Star Wars™ AT-TE™ Walker will offer fans the chance to recreate the epic Star Wars: The Bad Batch stories with the incredible model of bounty hunter Cad Bane’s starship, The Justifier, or power into battle against the Separatist Droid Army with the AT-TE™.
Fans of LEGO® Marvel™, meanwhile, were treated to a first-look at a new Doctor Strange set showcasing the Sanctum Sanctorum as featured in a number of films, giving them a chance to open up their very own multiverses. LEGO Minecraft® builders were spoilt with two brand new sets to add to their collection: LEGO Minecraft The Abandoned Village and LEGO Minecraft The Skeleton Dungeon.
Lovers of LEGO® Super Mario™ weren’t left out either! They were given a glimpse at the brand-new Character Packs that will be introduced to the LEGO® Super Mario™ universe, with fun characters including Nabbit, a Purple Toad, Hammer Bro, Waddlewing, Toady, Baby Yoshi, Red Yoshi and Blue Shy Guy joining the fun. They were also shown how new and existing characters alike can interact with the LEGO® Mario™, LEGO® Luigi™ and LEGO® Peach™ Starter Courses.
There was also a first-look at a new sporty range of LEGO® Brickheadz™ allowing fans to become a FC Barcelona player in LEGO BrickHeadz form and viewers were the first to be shown the very latest LEGO Minifigures collection that will be joining the LEGO range later this year.
Epic Build Sessions
To top the many product reveals and sessions, the jam-packed show was also full of opportunities for fans to immerse themselves in live building activities and conversations with experts from around the globe.
Event highlights included a creative masterclass from inside Pixar Animation Studios, which was given by none other than the director of Disney and Pixar’s ‘Lightyear’, Angus MacLane. LEGO® Harry Potter™ fans, meanwhile, were given the chance to see how we turn movie sets into LEGO sets through a magical building tour of the Warner Bros. Studios London – The making of Harry Potter™ with Harry Potter film actress Evanna Lynch and LEGO designer Marcos Bessa – giving audiences tips and magic tricks for building their very own creations along the way.
LEGO fanatics were able to take part in epic challenges, where they were shown innovative and diverse ways to build with LEGO bricks. Challenges included many special guests, including Agnes Larsson from Mojang Studios, as well as a special LIVE LEGO Masters build challenge hosted by LEGO Masters Judges Matthew Ashton and Jamie Berard, with contestants from around the globe being challenged to build the most playful cake you’ve ever seen.
“Our fantastic LEGO CON is all about bringing fans together around our shared passion for the brick. It is our way of opening our virtual doors and bringing fans of all ages closer to our designers and incredible products, to experience some of what we experience every day at the LEGO Group,” said Emma Perkins, Head of The LEGO Agency EMEA. “This year’s LEGO CON kicks off our 90th anniversary celebrations and, to celebrate all of our awesome fans, we wanted to make sure this year’s show was even bigger, better and brickier than last year!”
Many other beloved lines were also showcased and had some exciting new updates of their own. During the show, new LEGO Art Floral Art sets and LEGO DOTS Stitch-on and Adhesive Patches were revealed and from Games we heard about LEGO Brawls, which will soon be landing on your preferred gaming platform.
Moreover, LEGO® MINDSTORMS® revealed Machine Learning: a new extension in the Robot Inventor app, which uses the camera or microphone on your device to identify different images or sounds such as voice commands.
Fans had an exclusive look at the finale of the 2022 LEGO Friends show, while LEGO NINJAGO® saw a sneak peek of what’s to come later this year. LEGO CITY had cool activities such as a live in-studio stunt action and fans also got a chance to get closer than ever before inside a LEGO Technic™ set.
Missed the action? No problem!
LEGO CON 2022 is now available to stream for free in full at www.LEGO.com/LEGOCON or on the LEGO YouTube channel http://youtube.com/LEGO.
You can also check out the latest news and products that were revealed during LEGO CON 2022 by visiting LEGO.com.
Full list of products revealed during LEGO® CON
LEGO® Marvel Sanctum Sanctorum (76218)
- Age: 18+; 2708 pieces; August 1, 2022, launch; 249.99 EUR/USD
- This 2,708-piece recreation of the Sanctum Sanctorum, the notorious residence of Doctor Strange, incorporates classic scenes from Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Infinity War and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. The top story houses the museum of mystical collections, the middle section contains the library and at ground-level there are familiar features both inside and out.
LEGO® BrickHeadz™ FC Barcelona Go Brick Me (40542)
- Age: 10+; 530 pieces; August 1, 2022, launch; 19.99 EUR/USD
- Kids and fans of FC Barcelona will be thrilled to build a BrickHeadz™ model of themselves playing for one of the world’s biggest football clubs! They can choose from 3 different skin tones, tan, light brown or dark brown; 4 different hair colours, blonde, brown, ginger, or black; and many different hair styles including spikes, ponytails, a mohawk or bald. The shirt features the club’s iconic crest on the front, while there are also 2 sticker sheets for them to add their favourite number on the back.
LEGO® Star Wars™ The Justifier™ (75323)
- Age: 9+; 1022 pieces; August 1, 2022, launch; 169.99 EUR/USD
- Bounty hunter Cad Bane has imprisoned Omega on board The Justifier. This awesome starship has a super-detailed cockpit, spring-loaded shooters and cool flight and landing modes. Help Omega break out from the laser jail cell, with help from droid Todo 360, and team up with Hunter to get away. But there’s a big bounty reward on her head, so Bane and Fennec Shand won’t give up easily!
LEGO® Star Wars™ AT-TE™ Walker (75337)
- Age: 9+; 1082 pieces; August 1, 2022; 139.99 EUR/USD
- Power into battle against the Separatist Droid Army, with the mighty AT-TE Walker! With Commander Cody in the cockpit, stride across rocky terrain and fire the rotating heavy blaster cannon. Grab weapons and thermal detonators from the cabin and deploy the 212th Clone Troopers to fight the Battle Droids on the ground. Who will triumph in the Battle of Utapau? It’s up to you!
LEGO® Lion Knights’ Castle (10305)
- Age: 18+; 4514 pieces; August 3, 2022, launch; $399.99 / £344.99 / €399.99
- It’s the build adult LEGO® fans have been waiting for. A classic – reimagined. Celebrating 90 years of LEGO history, the Lion Knights’ Castle is a new interpretation of the iconic LEGO Castle theme. The impressive set is packed with details, and with 4,514 pieces it offers a project to savour. So, rekindle your childhood joy as you uncover the many stories and surprises packed into this model.
LEGO® Galaxy Explorer (10497)
- Age: 18+; 1254 pieces; August 1, 2022; $99.99 / £89.99/ €99.99
- Celebrate 90 years of LEGO® creations with this nostalgic building project for adults. This special anniversary edition of the Classic 497 LEGO Galaxy Explorer retains all the features of the 1979 set but on a bigger scale. Step back in time and enjoy a relaxing build, crafting all the details. With 4 astronaut figures and accessories, there’s lots to explore in this tribute to a LEGO fan classic.
3 out of 12 minifigures from the LEGO® Minifigures Series 23 (71034) were revealed
- Age: 5+; September 1, 2022, launch; 3.99 EUR/ 4.99 USD
- Delight a child or Minifigures fan with these LEGO® Minifigures Series 23 (71034) blind bags for ages 5+. This unique series features a great line-up of fun characters to collect and display or to take independent or group play in unexpected new directions.
LEGO® Avatar Toruk Makto & Tree of Souls (75574)
- Age: 12+; 1212 pieces; October 1, 2022, launch; 149.99 EUR/USD
- Join Jake Sully, Neytiri, Mo’at and Tsu’Tey at the Tree of Souls! This LEGO® Avatar set reflects the scene where Jake joins with the majestic Toruk and becomes the 6th Toruk Makto. Dive into the intense effort to defend the important landmark of the Na’vi people, flying on the Toruk or riding the fierce Direhorse. Let the roots of the tree wrap around you and join the rest of the Na’vi as they commune together!
LEGO® Minecraft® The Skeleton Dungeon (21190)
- Age: 8+; 422 pieces; August 1, 2022, launch; 49.99 EUR/ 44.99 USD
- Use your pickaxe to explore the stalagmites and stalactites of the dripstone cave. Be careful – there are 2 skeletons in the dungeon below! Push a stalagmite to make rocks crash down onto the hostile mobs. Then climb down the dripleaves in the lush cave to battle the skeletons with your crossbow. But watch out – a spin of the spawner causes another skeleton to appear, wearing enchanted armour!
LEGO® Minecraft® The Abandoned Village (21189)
- Age: 8+; 364 pieces; August 1, 2022, launch; 29.99 EUR/ 34.99 USD
- Grab your sword, it’s time to reclaim the abandoned village from the zombies! Battle the zombie villager at the blast furnace, seize the zombie farm and capture the abandoned house. Now you can rebuild the village in your own awesome style! Clear the cobwebs, combine the different buildings, and add furniture and tools for work. Finally, build a campfire – and plan your next adventure!
LEGO® Super Mario™ Character Pack Series 5 (71410)
- Age: 6+; 47 pieces; August 1, 2022, launch; 5.99 EUR/USD
- Kids can take their LEGO® Super Mario™ adventures to another level with collectible toy Character Packs – Series 5 (71410). Each pack contains a mystery buildable character with an Action Tag, plus a small build to use as a display stand or to enhance level play. There are 8 LEGO Super Mario characters to collect: Nabbit, plus a Purple Toad, Hammer Bro, Waddlewing, Toady, Baby Yoshi, Red Yoshi and Blue Shy Guy. Each is designed to be used with a Starter Course set (71360, 71387 or 71403), which is required for interactive play.
LEGO® Art Floral Art Set (31207)
- Age: 18+; 2,870 pieces; August 1, 2022, launch; 69.99 EUR/ 79.99 USD
- Open botanical creativity awaits in this LEGO® Art Floral Art (31207) wall kit. Bring bold colors and design possibilities into your home as you build. You can also let your imagination bloom with your own motif. Enjoy a zone of joyful zen filled with flowers, peace and stress relief as you click each piece into place.
About the LEGO Group
The LEGO Group’s mission is to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow through the power of play. The LEGO System in Play, with its foundation in LEGO® bricks, allows children and fans to build and rebuild anything they can imagine.
The LEGO Group was founded in Billund, Denmark in 1932 by Ole Kirk Kristiansen, its name derived from the two Danish words LEg GOdt, which mean “Play Well”. Today, the LEGO Group remains a family-owned company headquartered in Billund. However, its products are now sold in more than 140 countries worldwide. For more information: www.LEGO.com